Thursday, January 13, 2011

BBC Business English - Lesson 3. Making appointments

NEW WORDS:
Print (v): in ấn
Possibly (adv): có thể
Product (n): sản phẩm
Meeting (n): cuộc họp
Workshop (n): phân xưởng
Arrange (v): sắp xếp
Message (n): lời nhắn, tin nhắn

USEFUL SENTENCES:

1. I’m busy all next week

2. You print your catalogue this month, don’t you?

3. Could you possibly see the product this week? It Won’t take long

4. Could you ring up Mr.Sakai’s office in Japan?

5. We need to set up a meeting.

6. I’ll make sure he gets the message.

7. I’m afraid he’s gonna be 15 minutes late for the appointment in this afternoon.

8. OK, that’s no problem.

DIALOGUE: Making Appointment


Edward: Sorry Mr.Smith, when can we meet?


Smith: I’m busy all next week.


Edward: Maybe the week after.


Smith: Talk to my secretary.


Edward: You print your catalogue this month, don’t you?


Smith: Yes


Edward: Could you possibly see the product this week? It Won’t take long.


Smith: Ok, be here on Wednesday morning 8 o’clock. I’ll give you 20 minutes.


Edward: Thank you Mr.Smith. I’ll see you on Wednesday morning at 8 o’clock.
Cảm ơn ông Smith. Găp ông vào lúc 8 giờ sáng thứ tư.

Jenny: Well done!


Clive: Good morning Jaroline


Jaroline: Good morning Mr.Hast.


Mr.Hast: Jenny, could you ring up Mr.Sakai’s office in Japan? We need to set up a meeting. Not this week but the meeting must be before November 5th. I’d like Kate, Don Bradley and Derek to be there.


Clive: Clive Harris.


Derek: Clive, It’s Derek.


Clive: Hello Derek. What can I do for you?
Chào Derek, anh cần gì?

Derek: Could you come down to the development workshop for a second?


Clive: Derek, I’m busy.


Derek: Come on, It’ll take 10 minutes.


Clive: All right. I got 5 minutes. I’ll see Kate Marcana at 11.


Jenny: Hello, could I speak to Mr.Sakai’s secretary? This is Jenny from Buyery System in the UK. Mr.Harris would like to arrange the meeting with Mr.Sakai.

Jaroline: Yes, yes, I’ll make sure he gets the message. All right, good bye. Mr.Hast, I’ve just had a call from Mr.Pieces’ secretary. I’m afraid he’s gonna be 15 minutes late for the appointment in this afternoon.


Mr.Hast: OK, that’s no problem.



No comments: